Job Title: Purchaser
Category: Construction, Site Agent
Location Description: Ireland & UK
Actual Location(s): Dublin
Your Contact: Garvan Ward, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Priority Construction seek a Purchaser with knowledge and experience of the Civil Engineering Industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- 6 years + experience in the construction industry
- Experience with procurement systems
- Ensure that purchasing policy and procedures are followed with regards to the purchase of materials, equipment, plant and machinery, and vendors
- Negotiates pricing and obtain best value; complies with all legal requirements and deadlines.
- Conduct due diligence on appropriate supply chain partners and make recommendations for vendors
- Sourcing suitable materials as per site requirements
- Agree costs & deliveries with suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders for procuring materials, equipment, plant and machinery
- Manage the maintenance of a database for materials, equipment, plant and machinery
- Source External Plant when required
- Maintain Internal & External Plant Database - Process Plant Orders General
- Assist with obtaining quotes at Tender Stage for the Estimating Department
- Oversee External Transport
- Oversee Own Transport Fleet
- Produce Cost Reports as requested
- Deal with Invoice Queries in timely manner
- Maintain Supplier Relationships
- Other Duties as they arise in Purchasing Dept
Priority Construction Limited is a CPD accredited company and is committed to learning and development. As an employee you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment. Priority Construction Ltd. are an equal opportunities employer.
Do you have experience and knowledge of the Civil Engineering Industry?
Do you have 6 years + experience in the Civil Engineering Industry?